Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

Connections

It's Friday - what a hard week this has been for everyone - those who lost and those of us who were reminded of how much we have to lose.  Wow, does having kids ever make you vulnerable in new ways.  For all of us who want to DO something but are paralyzed by the 'what,'  the crafty world has three things going on that are helpful.



1. First, it sounds like Sandy Hook Elementary will be relocating in the new year and the PTSA wants to decorate the new place all winter wonderland - their website says:


Snowflakes for Sandy Hook

Please help the students of Sandy Hook have a winter wonderland at their new school! Get Creative!!  Make and send snowflakes to Connecticut PTSA, 60 Connolly Parkway, Building 12, Suite 103, Hamden, CT  06514, by January 12, 2013. Snowflakes can also be delivered to CT PTSA.   Please call us before for office hours at 203-281-6617.

I'm thinking if you have kids that are old enough to know what happened and want to help, this would be an of-all-ages-and-talent-levels activity.  If you don't remember how to make a snowflake (seriously?!) check out this awesome post here.



2.  I'm also loving this cross-stitch and the quote from Mr. Rogers, just when we need him most.  Proceeds of this pattern (and any other digital sales by the end of today) go to Sandy Hook and the National Alliance on Mental Illness.  You can buy it here.



3. Finally, one of our Boston Modern Quilt Guild members told us that Quilter's Corner in CT is making 600 pillowcases for students - see their post with more information here.


I've been thinking a lot about my sister who is a teacher this week (well, I generally think about her a lot anyway, she's one of my favorite people).  I don't know how we ended up on different coasts, but I miss her.  She and her husband have always hung lanterns in their yard at Christmas and this year I decided to join her in an east coast/west coast connection.  Here are mine, I'll post pics of hers too if she sends me some!




No comments:

Post a Comment